- First, download the style you have chosen from the phpBB3 styles database.
- extract the compressed file to your computer.
- Once you have extracted the compressed file you should find that you have a folder which contains all the styles files. You will need to upload this folder via FTP using an FTP client such as Filezilla or smartFTP. The folder will need to be uploaded into the styles folder of the phpBB3 board. In the directory tree of your ftp client it will be phpBB3/styles/. (replacing phpBB3 with your boards folder name)
- Now you can set about installing the newly uploaded style to your board. Browse to your board via it’s URI. Log into your board and then browse to the Admin control panel via the link at the bottom of your board.
- Assuming you have the relevant permissions to do so in the Admin control panel you will need to click the styles tab in the Admin control panel.
After clicking the styles tab you should find your self in the styles section of the Admin control panel. On the left of the page you should have a list of links for accessing various parts of the styles management
- In the list of links on the left click the ‚styles’ link which is under the category header ‚Style management’.
- Now you should see a list of your currently installed styles. You will also see a list of styles you have uploaded into the styles folder which have not yet been installed. Next to the ones which are waiting installation you will see an install link
- Clicking this link will install the style.
- Once the style has been installed you will be presented with an option screen
where you can also set the style as the board default.